Dear Friends at Come Rest
by ChristGuard / Dick and Kim's blog / No Comments / September 22, 2016
- Testimonies keep coming. Come Rest prayer warriors have prayed for our brother-in-law David Yeager in Pella who has been struggling with abdominal cancer since last spring. He just reported yesterday he is cancer free! Hallelujah! Thank you Jesus! Increase your abiding prayer. The Lord wants to bless your relatives!
- Please agree with us in prayer for our CRM leader, Ed Zilka. He had a heart attack Monday & treated with blood thinner protocol. Tuesday doctors found 4 blockages. Ed must stay in hospital until the thinner is out of his system. Bypass surgery is Sept. 27. We pray for miraculous healing to show up during these quiet days, confident if the miracle does not show, the Lord will show up as Great Physician for a supernaturally successful surgery! Amen. Ed, Sharon, and family are already testifying to the outpouring of His peace in their hearts & so much love & prayers from so many in the body of Christ! Hallelujah!
- Join us in prayer for complete healing, strength, peace, and joy for Sylvia Brim, one of our Come Rest partners. She had knee replacement surgery last week and is recovering and rehabbing at Heritage Specialty Care Center 200 Clive Dr SW, with the wonderful help of her caregiver Liz Rhodes. If you would like to visit Sylvia please check ahead by text message first (319-310-2475)–or to see if she or Liz need help or errands in some other way. We agree in prayer for long fruitful life with supernatural mobility for our sister Sylvia!
- What deep love & power He brought to a houseful of dear people at Day Retreat here at Rehoboth yesterday!What a way to launch toward Maine.
- We are grateful for those have given gifts to help defray the expenses of our car trip & ask your prayers for protection & divine appointments to pray with & encourage many strangers along the way. We’ll be ministering to a Central African refugee church Sunday, then retreat at Barbara Appleby’s cottage for 9 days. The Lord has swiftly set up this trip in the last two weeks. We are stepping out in faith though the ministry’s finances are tight. We know this trip is Him. Come Rest Ministries stands at a crossroads. We sense His heart is giddy with anticipation for all that lies ahead. We hear Him saying, “Come ahead with Me. Press on. Enjoy Me & My upward call!”(Phil 3) Please pray Kim & I will moment by moment obey the word from the Lord that is the basis of our third book I am in the home stretch of writing—“Come up. Do not settle for anything less than Me, and the life you have in Me. Learn from Me to abide with Me in the secret place of My heart in each precious moment of each precious day I give you.”
- To our local friends, we leave you in the Lord’s hands. Come up & abide in Him like never before. The Holy Spirit is eager to help. Minister to & with one another like never before. Please show up in force at our home each Sunday night for I58 and Covenant Groups like usual. We are leaving the local oversight of CRM to Greg Jenkins(319-270-0973); assisted by Duane Mclean(319-899-0315) & George Mantor(319-721-9657). Please contact them with needs & questions.
- We return Oct 7th for the big weekend with Awakening of Love at River on Friday & Rehoboth Wellsprings Gathering at CR Sanctuary 8th & 9th. The detailed schedule is printed below & attached.We won’t respond to emails, texts, or calls until Oct. 10th unless emergency or a ministry is wanting to schedule us to minister. We ask our locals to spread word of upcoming events personally & through email & social media. Thanks!
- Our fall 3 Day Rehoboth Wellsprings Gathering at River of Life has just been set November 17-19! Spread word & make plans to attend what has become an extremely deep & refreshing “come and go” event! It will be timely for many to come up, rest, & abide in Him after the election.
- I’m already hearing Him say for that 3 Day Event and for the Body of Christ after the election “Come up, labor to enter My Rest. Stay there by aggressively abiding in Me. Give me deep thanks in all things.” Please meditate on Revelation 4, Hebrews 4, John 15, and 1 Thessalonians 5. Abide in meditation. Avoid the media. The Lord’s counsel during the remainder of the election is abide in Him, let His words abide in you, and pray your desires as He gives them. (John 15:7)
- Thanks so much for your friendship, prayer, and financial support!
We love you all!
Dick and Kim Speight