But thus says the Lord who created you O Jacob, and He who formed you O Israel; fear not, for I have redeemed you and have called you by your name. You are Mine. Isaiah 43:1
There are places in scripture when the Lord speaks directly in the first person. Awesome. Because there are times when we need to refocus on Him as our First Person. We need to remember who He is and what He has done—so we can be who He wants us to be and do what He wants us to do. I have just memorized this verse & am now using it as a conversation starter with the Lord in prayer. I suggest you do the same. I believe this is a “now” word for the friends of Come Rest as we enter late summer 2017. Because of the blood sacrifice of Jesus over us, we have been engrafted into every promise He has made to Israel. Through Christ, everything He says to Israel has personal application. Let this verse sink completely to your core…and respond. Follow where He leads the conversation. Consider approaching Him with this prayer I’ve written based on Isaiah 43:1:
Lord, You created me out of nothing and formed me in my mother’s womb.
So I thank You!
Lord, I have acted like Jacob grasping and scheming and agonizing in my own striving. Yet, You mercifully and generously chose me and gave me a new identity and purpose. Like Jacob-become-Israel, I get to reflect Your light to others.
So I praise You!
You tell me fear not. All things threatening me do not threaten You. I can face all things under Your Wings.
So I trust You!
You remind me You redeemed me. On the cross You became the Ransom for my sin. You bought me back and brought me back from the kingdom of darkness into Your marvelous Kingdom of Light.
So I rest in You!
You remind me You called me by my name (declare your full name aloud).
So I call you God and Father; Lord and Brother; Holy Spirit and Helper.
You say I am Yours.
So I say You are Mine. So be it forever.
In this present moment, what do You want to say to me about specific matters?
(Write seeming scriptural thoughts coming to mind. Ponder, test w/counsel, & wisely apply as He gives peace)
In the unfolding moments to come, what do You want me to do in specific situations?
(Write seeming scriptural actions coming to mind. Ponder, test w/counsel, & lovingly act as He gives peace)
- Our Maine mission is expanded in scope! Aug. 16-26 Th-Sat nights for Americans from several churches; the host Church of God; and African refugee church-“How to Rest in Jesus & Walk in Intimacy w/Him”; a special women’s session Sat. afternoon; prophetic prayer slots; & retreat at Applebys’ cottage.
- Our NW Iowa mission, Sept. 13-17; 5 evenings & Sat/Sun afternoons “Resting in Jesus & Bearing the Real Fruit”
- Our CR mission Sept. 9-10@The Sanctuary; in our 2 Day Rehoboth Wellsprings format.
- Our 3rdreprint of Come Rest is $18 plus $4 ship! If you give them to witness to strangers; or to care for those you know—we give 10/$100 plus $10 ship. Just tell us. Same for Real Fruit. I’ll pray, sign, & put scripture He gives.
- My new book Come Up is coming together! Keep praying!
- Keep sending us prayer requests. We love praying for you!
May the Lord bless you richly,