Our 6 person team has just returned from an awesome, fruitful 5 day mission to serve Revival Iowa in rural Palo Alto County. The Lord helped Greg Jenkins, Ed & Sharon Zilka, Miriam Bandfield, Kim and I all step deeper into His radiant fruitfulness. The Lord had us deliver and delve into the following word we have been carrying:
“Stay with Me, through thick and thin, and we will have a rompin’ good time!”
- “Stay with Me” comes straight from John 15 where He says, “Abide with Me.” So we asked them to meet with Him in John 15 as a renewal community after we left. I ask you to meet Him in John 15 this week. More importantly, abide—which means to dwell in, with, & upon Jesus. Ask Him to help you stay with Him no matter what throughout your day.
- “Through thick and thin” in old English means “through thick forest & thin wood.” This connects w/Romans 5:1-5 for resting/fruitbearing in His perseverance, character, & hope. He’s working His purposes in your life even in everything tedious or threatening. So abide.
- “We’ll have a rompin’ good time!” connects with John 10:10. Jesus wants you to know this week He came that you would have life abundant! It will all be worth it. So abide.
- Deliver and delve into this word with others in your sphere of influence! We’ll persevere as well!
- You have a precious opportunity to join us for what may be our last Awakening of Love at Encounter Christian in Cedar Rapids. That wonderful congregation has allowed us to meet there on the third Friday of each month for over two years. However, they also share the ground with another congregation and the two congregations are making some scheduling changes for deeper fruitfulness. We are so grateful to Pastor Caleb Plumb and his troops for trusting and blessing us with this opportunity for so long.
- We are pleased to announce that we will have an Awakening of Love on the third Friday of October at Bridgehaven Pregnancy Center. Many thanks to director Chelsey McDill!
- You can still can apply for a special treat–joining us for our September day retreat at the McDills “house in the woods” here in CR. (See details below)They have twice our capacity. Don’t delay, and make sure you apply by this Saturday, Sept. 23rd. Slots are filling up! J
- Kim is now busy preparing for her Fall Art Show Sept 28 & 30(see below). Come enjoy her art, conversation with us, treats, and the way she decorates Rehoboth for fall! Wow, am I a blessed man or what? JInvite friends and family. Shop for gift ideas. Who in your life needs more joy? Maybe even you.
- We greatly anticipate arrival of our new grandchild in early to mid-October. Please pray for baby Spinden & Mama Emily, Daddy David, and big brothers Micah & Caleb! We will keep you posted!
- Please pray for me as I am in the home stretch with this new book. I read excerpts to the crowd in NW Iowa and the Lord touched a lot of people deeply.
- All friends of Come Rest are invited to greet Pastor Peter Mahoye Shandakwa and his wife and children who have finally arrived from Africa after many years of many prayers! Thank you Jesus! The joyous reception is from 130-430pm Saturday Sept 23rdat First Church of the Open Bible in Cedar Rapids.
- Thank you for asking the Lord what He may want you to give financially for Come Rest. Some might consider the Come Rest 365 approach, increasing your giving by $1, 2, 3, or 10/day! We thank God for each seed you sow into this mission. May the Lord bless you richly!
Love and blessings,